Friday 24 February 2012

Flu.

Flu.


All the times through my life that I thought I had flu I was so so wrong. Boy, when you do get the real thing you know about it. Not wanting to let a little thing like flu get me down I, like the trooper I am, went to bed, for 36 hours. Luckily Fabia was here for Mum allowing me to be completely pathetic for a decent amount of time.
You will all be glad to know it would seem I will pull through and given time and care should make a  full recovery.


Grans Designs.


As usual I have totally failed to keep a photographic record of the building work. Suffice to say everything is now complete except for a couple of minor snags. The bed and blind  arrive next Thursday then its d-day, trying to get mum to actually move in. Sarah and I will try to orchestrate a two pronged attack over the weekend, see how it goes. Very hard to be sure if mum is looking forward to it or not, she seems to be dreading the actual moving of stuff. She has spent a long time laying out her room in a way that makes sense to her, so it must be quite a daunting thought to start from square one again. Hopefully we can negotiate a sensible amount of outfits/scarves/shoes etc. Once she is in and settled I am sure she will feel the benefit of the ensuite wetroom. and no more stairs.


Beer and Books


In a conscious effort to get out of the house and meet people I have started a book club to be held monthly in my local "The Cherry Tree". I managed to get it mentioned on the local radio and in the Local Newspaper so had a decent turn out for the first meeting, securing a pic of the group in said paper.

Also managed to get a discount on the book club books for members of the club from the local Waterstones. The first book, as you may be able to make out in the pic is the excellent "Home" by Bill Bryson.









2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better Man, the Flu is no fun at all... Very cool idea with the book club, I wish I was closer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike.
    Im also considering the possibilities of carrying the book club over on to twitter too..
    Watch this space :)

    ReplyDelete