Sunday 5 February 2012

The Return of the Mum.

Nearly a week since I last blogged.

I decided that as Mum was away and Sarah had the week off I would leave the blog for a week too. Make it like a proper week off! Bloody lovely its been too.

I did experiment with some curry recipes. As an experiment when I cook something I think is worthwhile sharing I will put the recipe online sarting with my Curry vegetable soup which has been a great success.

Building  work is progressing at a steady pace. We can start decorating this week, the only hold up being the wardrobes really, my fault for dithering over getting them ordered but there you go.

Hopefully we will have some information about mums week away when Fabia gets round to writing about it(hint hint).


Because of this inclement weather we decided to do the Mother handover en route between Harborough and Kings Lynn at a diner near Peterborough. Unfortunately couldnt get the Jag out of the drive because of the snow so Sarahs Skoda it is. Pulled up to witness Mum demolishing a mountain of mash and 4 sausages, "lovely".


In the car on the way back expecting to get quizzed about the builders or the weather at home but first question is how is the car, followed by how is the dog, then how is Sarah. Not a word about the builders which has to be a good thing.


Into the drive, out of the car and a good check around the Jag.."lovely" Cant wait for the snow to shift to get a chance to take her out in it. Might get a cap to wear. Just a quick look round the new room then upstairs to unpack the random stuff she packed for the week away.


All in all I think the week has done us both the power of good.

Leave a comment if you think the recipe thing is a good idea and I may start a seperate blog about it, or I may just bore you with it here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment