Thursday 24 November 2011

Its Alive..

Its Alive!


Finally I have plucked up the courage to flick the "on" switch for my website, dementiacarer.com

The idea behind it is to take a step further than this blog. On the site I have forums so carers can share problems, hints and tricks. Something you need to know? Start a topic, as more and more people sign up then more and more advice will be forthcoming. I am also actively seeking ideas for content, what would you like to see on it. If your life has in any way been touched by dementia and you want to tell people about it let me know.

I also have links to other blogs from dementia carers, a section I would like to expand. Have you stumbled across any other dementia related blogs?  Let me know.

If you are a regular reader of this blog, I will be moving to the website in the near future so please go to the site and register as there will be a newsletter available in the near future. 


In other news...

Lovely day out Sunday chez Gwen and Ron, Sarahs folks. Mum and the lovely Gent thoroughly enjoyed a huge roast dinner and Apple Lattice. Just a little for me says he shovelling another kilo of roasties on his plate! Good to see them both having such a good day. 

Mum has generally been in very good spirits this week, think she is looking forwards to all the family being here over Xmas, she does like a bit of a do. She does seem to be struggling a lot more with the concept of time. It can take a long time to explain the order things will happen. For example at tea time we always have the conversation about whats happening tomorrow..but sometimes she`s not too sure whether sleep comes before or after tomorrow so very slow and precise descriptions are essential, even if she could quite possibly forget ten minutes later, back to square one.

Thankfully though she always sleeps well, something that can be a real problem for other sufferers.

Once the blog moves to the site I have been promised a weekly page from my sister about her Tuesdays out with Mum which I think will largely be about pig racing and cakes. So stay tuned, great things are afoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment