Monday 12 September 2011

THE BAG.

Sorry about the sporadic nature of my blogs of late, but been a bit busy writing a lot of lists of things in preparation for a little sojourn I have been planning. All properly researched now and entered into a spreadsheet. Nice and tidy so what can go wrong, two weeks in a caravan with a miserable old semi lame dog, Mum and me. I really do feel sorry for Sarah.

Mum woke up very upset Sunday. Again we struggled to get to the bottom of the cause, she kept mentioning "how terrible it was yesterday"  But couldnt let us know what it was. She did leave  her bag in the pub the day before and had to go back for it. All we could guess was she remembered the feeling of panic but not the cause. The Bag has to go everywhere with Mum. It contains 3 sets of keys, a huge assortment of tissues, several address books all containing the same numbers and various other ephemera. If it is ever misplaced the world must stop till they are reunited. Breakfast and several cups of tea later and she is coming round and seems ok.

Anyway, packed a bag and bundled a still slightly confused Mum into the car and off to Sisters for a frankly marvelous roast dinner, Mum is staying for a couple of days so Sis is hiding all the garden implements, scissors, knives and anything Mum could use for a campaign against the plants. The ride in the car and dinner has perked Mum up no end so Sarah and I escape for a couple of days peace, and some furious list making on my part.


Almost forgot to mention, "THE BAG" can clearly be seen in the above photo with mum in Thurstaston on the Wirral, and yes that sky colour is real!

 







2 comments:

  1. You, Jon, are an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a really lovely break and enjoy yourselves. I used to love going away with the caravan when I was young, and my brother is a big campervan fanatic. I'm off to the Lakes next week (without Ma, but with Simon) and can't wait. Looking after a friend's house, cats and alpacas :D

    ReplyDelete