Monday 26 September 2011

Day 7


Day 7 New Quay to Penmaen 65 miles (My route nearer 75)


Help Help.

Help Help.

Time to get up then.

Cereal Bacon rolls and coffee. Good start to the day. The well oiled highly trained machine that is Jon and Sarah leaps into action and we are packed up and ready to rock n roll in a matter of minutes. Snapper waves goodbye to the goats and we hit the road once more bound for the south coast.

As usual I decide to play route roulette and punch the postcode into my now 5 yrs out of date satnav, and then choose to ignore most of the directions as i know so much better. There are some beautiful B roads in South Wales some of them suitable for caravans, some not so suitable.I can safely say my towing skills have greatly improved today, and we would like to apologise to all the people who were late for church.

The sight we are heading toward today is the one I am most excited about, winner of various odd awards "best view from a campsite(UK) 2006" among them. The site overlooks 3 cliffs bay about 10 miles west of Swansea. After 8 miles of very slow moving traffic we arrive about 2.00 and are guided onto the field. Warden asks "do you want a front pitch"I`ve no idea what shes talking about so of course I say yes.

WOW

PIcture this if you will, from the front of the caravan we have about 15 feet  of grass, then a cliff drops maybe 150-200 feet down to a beautiful sandy cove. Why anyone would choose a pitch at the back of the site and miss the view I will never know.

Mum`s off. Round the site up and down chatting and telling everyone how lovely everything is while we set up. Think shes going to like it here.

Out for Dinner tonight. Pub recommended by the warden "The King Arthur" Just when you thought this place couldnt get any better, dinner to die for in a charming old pub. Home smoked Duck with a raspberry jus, braised lamb shank with rosemary and red wine reduction and a chargrilled chicken Caeser. Proper fresh veg and hand cut chips, all beautifully cooked and presented, that`ll do nicely.

Back to the van for a glass or two of red I think.


Posting whenever I can get a connection at the moment. please be patient with me.


As ever pics to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment